There are many mistakes made by many students and English learners when they write or even speak. Below are some of these mistakes:
1. Effect and affect:
– There is a difference between them. Effect is a noun can be used in a place of subject for example; the effect of heroin becomes a very big problem for many young people.
– Affect is a verb, for example, heroin has increasingly become a big issue for the government, it may affect %20 percent of young people in the society.
2. Conform=identify and confirm=assert: both are verbs but they have different meaning.
3. Where and were: where is a placeWH question: Where are you from? And a relative pronoun indicates to a place for example, He lives where he studies. Were is a plural of verb to Be are, they were on vacation. They were watching TV when I visited them.
4. Glass and class: both are different.
5. Meet and meat: have different meaning.
6. Leave and live: have different meaning and pronunciation.